Page Rating

Page Rating May Change When New Posts Are Added

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

GRRRRRRR............

Yesterday started out great and ended up horrible. Although I came home from work and went to bed only to be woken up an hour later to take the family out to breakfast. We had a great breakfast. After breakfast we went shopping then spent some time at a friends house. We were really having a great day. After we were done at our friends house, we went to the SIL's house to watch the Daytona 500. The race went really well. Very little wrecks and cautions. My favorite driver is Ryan Newman but for the race pool at work someone already picked him, so I went with Mikey Waltrip and Porkchop picked Casey Mears.

Well since the race is over I won't be ruining it for you if I told you that neither Porkchop's or my pick won. But... MY FAVORITE DRIVER DID WIN!!!!!!!

The bad part about watching the race at the SIL's was the fact that a skunk sprayed in their basement a few days earlier. I am a considerate man though and didn't say anything about the smell b/c I know that it was an uncontrollable event, (plus I have been down that same road myself.) While other family members would comment or complain about the aroma in the house.

Well right after the race was over we gathered up the children and headed home. The whole ride home was real fun. there was about 3 inches of ice on the roads and driving was treacherous. When we got home we found the front door wide open. The children instantly thought we were robbed. I knew we were not robbed b/c there were no new tire tracks in the snow and no foot prints. Our wonderful six month old puppy that is bigger than a full grown beagle was "kicking" the door and busted the jam. All the animals were inside eating our margarine, bread, and leftovers that were still sitting on the stove. The house was cold as Antarctica and the furnace was running full bore. I ended up using a bungee cord on the front door to keep it closed.

As if all the above wasn't enough, I went down towards the bathroom and I heard this funny noise. I found out that our hot water heater had shit the bed. Water was everywhere. So I shut the water off to the house and drilled a hole in the floor so i could drain the heater under the house. This morning we headed to town and spent almost $400 on a new water heater. After we got it home I began to install it. Have you ever noticed that when ever something goes wrong and you try to fix it nothing goes according to plan? Well I didn't have all the plumbing parts needed and had to make another trip to town. The best part, I went to my work and got the parts free of charge.

So now we have hot water, a warm house, and a hole in the wallet. But... It Is All Good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks! We had to replace our hot water heater at the same time as we were replacing our furnace...That was a hole in the wallet. Fingers crossed that nothing else bad happens...they say bad things happen in threes.

Unknown said...

Methinks that Sarasponda is trying to jinx you my main man! That's it, we are gonna have to thwump her rump in Electronic Clue.

Unknown said...

Tag, you're it! Head over to my blog!

I'm not insane..... said...

Hey it didn't spray it just released itself after Hubby shot it lol!

Unknown said...

TAG! You're it, so get cooking. Get it? Get it? No? Well then head over to my blog **Uh duh**

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Bungee cords are awesome. And has enough time passed yet that it's ok to say I laughed at the thought of dogs sitting in your freezing cold house having a bread and butter feast?

Blog Rating

This is the rating for 2008.